Could life be any more amusing than that, really?
[No, I don't think it could.]
In other news, a meme. [I am so predictable, really.]
You know you're from Florida, if...
1. You measure distance in minutes.
Um ... everyone doesn't do this?
2. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
Not very often, but sometimes, yeah. [My mom does it all the time, though, so I think I just don't get cold as easily.]
3. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
Not true, they have bags. Well, unless you're getting paper, and then some people call them sacks, but I ... don't. Heh.
4. You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.
Not all the time, but it does happen, and usually right in front of the store where it's in the way and annoying.
5. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I am fixing to go to the store.
6. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
Oh, come on, this isn't just in Florida.
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
Dads house: yes. Moms house: no, we lock everything. We aren't very trusting people.
8. You carry jumper cables in your car ... for your OWN car.
No, but my dad keeps telling me I should. Which ... no.
9. You know what "cow tipping" is.
Um, everyone knows what it is. I've never done it, and I fail to see how it would be amusing.
10. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco.
I don't use Tabasco or pepper, barely salt, and I use ketchup on everythig and in great amounts. However, I do use more than that, too, especially with Clay as a friend.
11. The local paper covers national and international news on one page but requires 6 pages for local gossip and sports.
I don't read the newspaper.
12. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
My dad seems to.
13. You find 100 degrees F "a little warm."
As amusing as that is, no. 100 degrees is me fucking burning to a crisp and refusing to leave my house.
14. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.
Heh. Yeah, okay.
15. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past-time known as "goin wal-martin" or off to "Wally World."
I have never called it "Wally World" but I have been known to make random trips in the ridiculous hours of the morning. Especially when with Clay and no ice cream place is open ... heh.
16. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good gumbo weather.
No. Good gumbo, what the fuck? But below 70 is a considered a cold day to most, I will admit that.
17. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop ... it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: "What kinda coke you want?"
Southern thing. I have done this, but usually I call it soda.
Hung out with Ash today, and didn't have the urge to kill her a single time. Which is new and interesting.
Still need to do a couple drabbles, but I'm feeling very uninspired. Especially for bruisexpristine, who is trying to destroy me with her request, I think. But both the Firefly drabbles that were requested are posted, so check that out if you'd like. I'm actually quite proud of the Simon and River one, so yay.
Working on a mood theme. Uh. Heh. Yay?