1. Choose five of your all time favorite books.
2. Take the first sentence of the first chapter and make a list in your journal.
3. Don't reveal the author or the title of the book.
4. Now everyone try and guess.
okay, some of these are not actually favorites because some of my favorites would be ridiculously easy based on the first line [as in, giving character names and such], SO... yeah. But all of these are books that I enjoyed quite a bit, so it's okay:
1. He remembered the wind. -- The Ruins of Ambrai, by Melanie Rawn, guessed by cleverpoison
2. On the 24th of February, 1815, the watch-tower of Notre-Dame de la Garde signalled the arrival of the three-master Pharaon, from Smyrna, Trieste, and Naples. -- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, guessed by fluffymaru
3. It was a nice day. -- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, guessed by barbed_whispers after some hinting. XP
4. Ladies and Gentlemen, behold: The Enemy. -- The Cheese Monkeys by Chip Kidd, guessed by barbed_whispers
5. Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, guessed by fluffymaru