Hooray for taking your happiness into your own hands. Which is clearly how it should be all the time, but whatever.
SO. In list form, some things that I am happy/excited about, or just proud of:
1. I found really adorable pink sparkly flip-flops for $2.80 at Kohl's. Wasn't even what I was looking for, but, SUCCESS.
2. Speaking of things I wasn't looking for, I also found a really adorable flip-flop wallet. To put in my pink purse that I will wear around with my pink sparkly flip-flops. Sometimes I feel too girly for words, I swear to god.
3. While B&N didn't have the book that I went in looking for (sadface, but I've decided to just order it off of Amazon once I move) I did buy three new books today. YAY RETAIL THERAPY?!
I totally did not buy 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson just because she's Hank and John Green's Secret Sister. Um.
In case anyone is interested, I also bought Sabriel, by Garth Nix and Tithe, by Holly Black. Though when I'll get around to reading these is a secret no one knows! Not even me.
(Quick aside: look for planned rereading and discussing of Harry Potter soon, and barbed_whispers and I strongly encourage people to join us. Seriously. It will be much more fun that way! I'm looking at you, flist. More info in a later post, though.)
4. SPEAKING of Hank and John Green, Brotherhood 2.0! I've watched smatterings of episodes before, but a couple days ago I started from the beginning and have been working my way through. Oh. My. God. I love them! LOVE. I've gotten through April and am starting on May after finishing this post. :D
And did you know that John Green's next book is going to be set in Orlando?! YES. So, even though they haven't announced tour dates or anything, that still means that they should end up coming here, right? RIGHT?!
5. I found a bra that
a) fits me
b) wasn't ridiculously expensive
c) isn't the most hideous thing ever.
Yes, this is actually REALLY EXCITING news, because it's surprisingly hard to find a bra that meets all three of these criteria, for me. And I'm not even that big. (And too bad for you if that's TMI. (Also, for those who are wondering, comfort was assumed in 'fits me.'))
6. Even though I wasn't able to go to the wrock show last night, barbed_whispers got me a really spectacular signed poster. With a tree drawn on it!! heeee.
7. Today I went grocery shopping, with no prodding at all and no toilet paper emergency. THIS IS IMPRESSIVE. Not only that, but I bought real food. Like, that I have to cook! And I'm making plans to actually cook it! Really simple stuff, of course, but hey. I'm starting small. (On that note, barbed_whispers, I may actually be making dinner tonight? WHOA.)
8. I finally said something out loud that I think I've known/have been feeling for quite a while now. I feel good about it, I just have to decide what to do about it, which will be much harder.
9. While barbed_whispers and I came to our senses about actually protesting Twilight in the most hilarious way ever, it is still SO MUCH FUN to plan to do it. Yeah, I'm messed up in the head.
10. I want to plan another day to force people to stop being hermits! momebie, theemdash, marilla82, imthelobster, I'm looking at you! (And at barbed_whispers, too, but the jury is still out on whether or not I'll ever convince her to leave her room when there's not a concert or Weather Warden involved. heh.)
Okay, so that got really long, but... I'm going, for once, to refuse to cut it. Because that's a lot of good things in my life, even if some of them seem silly, and it's doing me a lot of good to reminded of it. :)
ETA: OH MY GOD I FORGOT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS!! OLP IS MAKING A NEW CD!!! cndlsvnklsndvlkmnklmNM<LNKJVMNK<VNLV<DVLKMV<DKLMDL:KLNXKJLHJKNKL SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ!