- I got put onto an ongoing team at work. \o/ This is very good news for my general job security, and has me feeling better in general, though I'm not officially hired on yet. Still, this makes me happy, as I actually like this job, and you know, not coming home miserable has been a huge plus in my life. Now as long as I do as well with the ongoing calls as I did with the annual enrollment calls, I should be okay.
Unfortunately this doesn't mean that my hours are secure, as evidenced by the fact that I've been sent home early the last two days in a row. I really hope that stops soon, because I need the hours, and don't really want to be forced into having to look elsewhere. But, hopefully that will stop after the holidays, since it's a really slow time of the year for us.
- Our kitty, Nala, had to go to the vet yesterday. :( There's nothing too terribly wrong with her, as far as we know right now, but she's on an antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory. Let me tell you, it is so much fun trying to get her to actually take the medication, too. She jerks around like nobodies business, and made quite the effort at drawing blood from imthelobster this morning.
- We're rewatching Stargate right now, and it's making me ridiculously happy. ♥ I've only watched it all the way through the one time, and even though I watched some of the episodes more than once, a lot of them I only saw when I was blasting through the series, and I hardly remember some of them. So it's been great fun :D Especially since a lot of the shows we're watching right now all air on the same night, so having something else to watch during the week is a plus.
- I've started reading the True Blood books, and I really enjoy them more than I thought I would. I'm in the middle of the fourth one now... in general: I like Sookie most of the time, I find Bill soooo boring, and Eric amuses me a lot. I do intend to start watching the show at some point, too, but I wanted to read the books first, and now I can't decide if I want to read all the ones that have been published so far, or if I just want to start on the series now.
- Speaking of vampire books that are now TV series, has anyone actually been watching Vampire Diaries? I stopped watching somewhere late in season 1, where it was already so vastly different from the books, but I heard some of the things that happened that just make me O.O Is it good on its own, though? Would it be worth picking back up? I feel like I should be watching it, since I liked the books so much, but after I got behind a few weeks I felt no desire to pick it back up.
- Last thing: Christmas season is starting up again. As a general note, I don't intend to do much in the way of Christmas gifts this year. If you really want to exchange gifts for one reason or another, let me know, but otherwise I'm not really planning on it.