Deal is, as far as I can figure: Put every song on your comp on shuffle. Post your favorite lyrics of the first 20 songs to come up, no matter how embarrassing those songs may be. And then, you people need to guess the song.
[I skipped the live, duet stuff, because ... I felt like it. heh. And the songs I don't know all that well. And, I tried not to have double artists. So yeah, I pretty much cheated a lot. Shut up.]
If anyone guesses all of these, I will be very, very surprised. And I might offer something, if I can think of something that isn't lame. I am so damn random. [Looking them up does NOT count. :-P]
1. Please don't let me fall asleep / 'Cause the boogie man will creep / Through my window, in my room / Stab me with a broken broom
2. I'm not a perfect person / There's many things I wish I didn't do
3. Now's your moment / Floating in a blue lagoon / Boy you better do it soon / No time will be better.
4. It's easier to believe in this sweet madness
5. I can feel a change, I can feel, can you feel it? / See it on the street / Watching heat from the pavement
6. And everything I can't remember / As fucked up as it all may seem / To be, I know it's me
7. I had these dreams that I learned to play guitar / Maybe cross the country / Become a rock star / And there was hope in me that I could take you there
8. Who wants to be ordinary / In a crazy, mixed-up world?
9. Then one day I accidentally castrated his prized poodle with an electronic can opener. Ouch!
10. And really bad eggs...
11. There stands me wife / The idle of me life / Singing rolly, bowly ball a penny a pitch!
12. There's a piece of a puzzle known as life / Wrapped in guilt, sealed up tight
13. Me, I got my strangers / To exile in the night / I guess I'm just addicted / To the pain of delight
14. Reminiscin' this and that and havin' such a good time, oo-de-lally oo-de-lally golly what a day
15. Take me as I am - take my life / I would give it all - I would sacrifice
16. And these are the words you wish you wrote down
17. And I'm screaming at the top of my lungs / Pretending the echoes belong to someone
18. We want more than this world’s got to offer / We want more than the wars of our fathers / And everything inside screams for second life
19. You're my new Achilles heel
20. Maybe some day, I'll think of what to say / Maybe next time i'll remember what to do
Okay, done. Woot?
[Oh, and the Current Music thing? The one AFTER number 20. heh.]